The Lewisboro Library is concerned about the health and well-being of our patrons and staff and have taken the following steps to help preserve both:
· The Library is canceling all programs through the end of March 2020. We will re-evaluate at that time whether to resume programming.
· We continue to monitor reliable information provided by sources such as the Center for Disease Control and the State and County health
· Based on CDC guidelines we’ve recommended staff and volunteers remain at home if they become ill with a respiratory illness. We recommend our patrons follow this guideline as well. Note that the County’s Health Department requests that “People under self-quarantine or exposure[d] to known case, call (866) 588-0195.” For general Westchester County information they request you call 211. The number for the State’s hotline is (888) 364-3065.
· There are hand sanitizer pumps on public service desks. And, as always, we have 2 public restrooms and a hand washing station in the magazine room available for good old fashioned hand washing.
· We are twice-daily sanitizing high-touch areas, such as door handles, counters, tables and other surfaces, especially in the children’s room.
· Sanitizer wipes for keyboards are available at the reference desk.
· If you become ill, hold onto your library materials until you are well. You can call us and we will adjust due dates. Please put library items in a plastic bag when you return them if you have been ill so it will alert us to handle them separately. If there are more than two items, please bring them inside or leave by the outside door to avoid clogging the book return.
· When returning materials, you may now use the exterior book return at any time. Effective immediately our book return will remain open during the
day for patrons who prefer to return materials without coming inside.
· Our collection of eBooks and digital audiobooks can always be accessed from home. Now is a great time to explore our entire virtual collection, including streaming movies, TV, and music.
Please check back frequently as we will use our website and social media to communicate any changes in service.